Minecraft 12w21b DownloadMinecraft Updates [ May 26, 2012 at 1:32 AM ] 1,713 Views
We rarely do snapshot updates to fix bugs, but since 21a contained an annoying bug that made it hard to play single-player we decided to do one this week. There are still problems, but we’re getting there!
We added a new creative mode inventory screen, please let us know what you think (target @Dinnerbone or @EvilSeph)! We also updated the language files to correct the diamond/emerald mix-up in the language files (diamonds were previously called emerald in the code, which caused a lot of confusion when we added a real emerald item). We had to ban another translator for griefing… it’s astonishing how much work some people put into these things…
Get the snapshot here:
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
Credits to: Jens Bergensten
The Minecraft Team
|Minecraft 12w21b, Minecraft Downloads, Minecraft Snapshots|
|Do you like this post? Add to Favorites|